Thursday, September 2, 2010

Where Have All The People Gone

As I went to my DJ job last night at the beautiful Cafe Casablanca in Second Life last night .... I waited, I hoped, I looked, I searched and I wondered, WHERE HAVE ALL THE PEOPLE GONE??

For the past year now, yes it's been a lil over a year that I started to DJ in second life.  I'm shy and yes my first words that night I was told try it were, "but there are people here!"  But, I love music and wanted to add to the fun and share with others.  This was at Stampede Canyon Country where I still DJ and now Sing.

I've watched and wondered as time has gone on, is my music old?  am I missing something? are we not doing it right?  I love music so I don't mind playing for myself and the host or owners, however the guilty feeling creeps in that you are being paid to do something for 'no one.'

Last night, Big Band night and only the 2nd week of this event, I hoped there would be more people there to join in the fun and support the Cafe Casablanca.  It wasn't just me though, in another club across SL space, my friend was DJ'in the same time and it was only DJ and Host.

I'd blame it on the 1st week of school, but we've been blaming it on the summer, so it would just be trading one for another.  I'm wondering is this happening everywhere, if not ..... what's the fix to get people back involved again?

Y'all be sure to drop in a club this weekend and support the venue, they're there to help make SL a Great Place for Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment