Monday, October 4, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

It's October and to me that means time to get your Pink On!  October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and all around RL and SL there will be tons of events spreading the word about prevention and raising funds for research!

Across the SL Grid, there will be concerts, parties, informative talks and sales of many kinds including one by my friend Tusiellee who'll be selling Pink Turtles.  A few weeks ago I had one of those bunnies that everyone was 'growing' and she, Bella Luna, died cause I didn't know how to take care of her.  In a conversation with Tusie I let it slip how embarrassed I was that happened.  With a laugh she told me not to worry and brought me to a place that she worked at and helped me bring Bella back to life.


While we were at Vels Boutique, Tusie showed me not just bunnies but dragons, quails and turtles that were available.  The turtles were so cute how could I resist ...... I now have (coughs) a few on my sim, named appropriately: Ray, Hope, Relayer, Strider .... you get where my brain always is hahaha.

A few days later Tusie told me how she decided to breed Pink turtle eggs to sell as a way to raise funds for Breast Cancer Awareness.  I wish I was near her in RL to give her the Giant Hugg my heart felt just smiling at how wonderful and what people can do in SL!  Sure there will be concerts, and parties, talks, hunts and clothing sales ............ but how many people would have thought to specifically breed a turtle for this?  Amazing!!!



These Extra Special Pink Turtles will be available for a donation of 100L, there will be a few places that will have them featured and of course Stampede Canyon Country Club will be one of them!  I hope you will seek these turtles out, buy one and watch them grow knowing how they were brought about through Love and Hope for an End To Breast Cancer!


This is Strider ..... I named him after Making Strides Against Breast Cancer

1 comment:

  1. *giggles and hugs suzie* I am also around most times in sl right now so if there are any questions about the turtles, or how to care for them I can help, and if I can't I'll bug, pester and prod Vel into answering and or helping as well.

    tusie

    ReplyDelete